Vicissitude a change or variation occurring in the course of something. changing phases or conditions, as of life or fortune; up and downs A sentence with vicissitude. The vicissitude of the election 2016 proved to be the most competitive making history in another passing election….
- Regale 1768 Views — Regale to entertain lavishly or agreeably; delight. It was a night of the highest regale, as I watched them dancing through the entire evening enjoying themselves. I waited for my turn & beneath the table my white diamond pearl heels danced to the waltz [...]
- Words For The Day 10/08/16 — ©Natalie Keshing Editor-in-Chief http://www.natswritings.com About Natalie Keshing Good Day NatsWritings readers here are the Words For The Day: All these words were used in this Piece of Poetry by this Piece of exquisite art. I hope you enjoy. They say everything in life is six degrees apart. I am convinced this is true. Ludic ~ showing spontaneous [...]
- pyrrhic — pyrrhic – A pyrrhic victory is one that is so costly that the victory might not have been worth winning. This meaning comes from the experiences of Pyrrhus of Epirus in his wars with the Romans between 280 and 275 BC. Pyrrhus had won several battles with the Romans but at such a large cost [...]
- chicane — chicane – an artificial addition to a road or path designed to slow or manage traffic. Chicane are common on auto race courses where for example the common shallow S curve is used to manage speeds along the course. They are also common on streets to control traffic flow. Interestingly, the origin of chicane is [...]
- Amelioration — The word that describes many things; used in many sentences; practiced to be remembered; especially when writing. Amelioration an act or instance of ameliorating or making better; the state of being ameliorated or made better; Amelioration, however; by such means can only come very slowly; if at all. Mother nature’s eye asking for [...]