Earlier this week, I traveled to Brussels, Belgium and Sochi, Russia as part of the press delegation accompanying US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on his latest overseas trip. Pompeo made headlines over his meetings with top Russian officials, including Vladimir Putin — and as we landed back in the United States early Wednesday morning, news was breaking about the serious precautions the Trump administration had begun to implement in response to what it terms ‘real’ and ‘escalating’ global threats against Americans and American interests from the Iranian regime. Though officials have been tight-lipped about the exact nature of the new intelligence, a New York Times report today suggests that the latest menace involves freshly-discovered Iranian sea-based missiles:
The intelligence that caused the White House to escalate its warnings about a threat from Iran came from photographs of missiles on small boats in the Persian Gulf that were put on board by Iranian paramilitary forces, three American officials said. Overhead imagery showed fully assembled missiles, stoking fears that the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps would fire them at United States naval ships. Additional pieces of intelligence picked up threats against commercial shipping and potential attacks by Arab militias with Iran ties on American troops in Iraq.
I asked about this issue in my exclusive one-on-one interview with Pompeo, which will air in its entirety during the 6pm ET hour of tonight’s Guy Benson Show on Fox News Radio:
— Read on townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2019/05/16/pompeo-john-kerry-isnt-in-charge-of-foreign-policy-anymore–and-if-he-wants-to-revert-to-weakness-on-iran-democrats-should-try-winning-an-election-n2546451
Pompeo to John Kerry: You’re Not Secretary of State Anymore. If You Want to Revert to Weakness on Iran, Try Winning an Election.
- USPS Workers Shouldering Burden for Amazo... — The tech giant’s rise has pushed mail clerks and carriers to the breaking point. United States Postal Service worker Missie Kittok delivers packages in Minneapolis, Dececember 24, 2017. (Richard Tsong-Taatarii / Star Tribune via AP) Every day postal trucks drop off about 4,000 packages at a US Postal Service station in central Tennessee, where they’re [...]
- Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: S... — EXCLUSIVE — Scherie Murray, a New York businesswoman who immigrated from Jamaica as a child and is active in state Republican politics, is launching a campaign Wednesday for the congressional seat held by Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Fox News has learned. In a phone interview, Murray, 38, confirmed her intention to run for the New York [...]
- Allen West Suggests That Nancy Pelosi Be ... — Allen West Suggests That Nancy Pelosi Be Put in Prison Lt. Col. Allen West: ‘Pelosi just committed a high crime and misdemeanor’ over her ‘advice’ to illegals about how to avoid ICE agents By Jon Dougherty (NationalSentinel) Democrats at the state and federal level have gone out of their way to impede President Donald Trump’s [...]
- Soros Spends Millions and Funds Liberal ... — George Soros Spent $408k on Prosecutor in Jussie Smollett Case Liberal billionaire George Soros has continued his bid to “overhaul” the criminal justice system in the United States by pouring nearly $1 million into local Virginia prosecutor races to prop up far-left candidates. Soros’s most recent round of donations include $580,000 to Iranian Parisa Dehghani-Tafti, [...]
- Antifa Activist Shot Dead Trying to Attac... — 07/16/2019 17:24:43PM EST. So, when can we call Antifa a full-blown domestic terror organization? Over the weekend, police killed an activist from this progressive mob after he tried to assault an Immigration and Customs Enforcement detention facility in Tacoma, Washington. Willem Van Spronsen, 69, was armed with a rifle and incendiary devices, though law enforcement [...]