Earlier this week, I traveled to Brussels, Belgium and Sochi, Russia as part of the press delegation accompanying US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on his latest overseas trip. Pompeo made headlines over his meetings with top Russian officials, including Vladimir Putin — and as we landed back in the United States early Wednesday morning, news was breaking about the serious precautions the Trump administration had begun to implement in response to what it terms ‘real’ and ‘escalating’ global threats against Americans and American interests from the Iranian regime. Though officials have been tight-lipped about the exact nature of the new intelligence, a New York Times report today suggests that the latest menace involves freshly-discovered Iranian sea-based missiles:
The intelligence that caused the White House to escalate its warnings about a threat from Iran came from photographs of missiles on small boats in the Persian Gulf that were put on board by Iranian paramilitary forces, three American officials said. Overhead imagery showed fully assembled missiles, stoking fears that the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps would fire them at United States naval ships. Additional pieces of intelligence picked up threats against commercial shipping and potential attacks by Arab militias with Iran ties on American troops in Iraq.
I asked about this issue in my exclusive one-on-one interview with Pompeo, which will air in its entirety during the 6pm ET hour of tonight’s Guy Benson Show on Fox News Radio:
— Read on townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2019/05/16/pompeo-john-kerry-isnt-in-charge-of-foreign-policy-anymore–and-if-he-wants-to-revert-to-weakness-on-iran-democrats-should-try-winning-an-election-n2546451
Pompeo to John Kerry: You’re Not Secretary of State Anymore. If You Want to Revert to Weakness on Iran, Try Winning an Election.
- Trump Questions Iran’s Denial of Saudi Oi... — President Donald Trump questioned on Sept. 16 Iran’s denial of involvement in the recent drone attacks on Saudi Arabia’s oil facilities. President Donald Trump on Sept. 16 questioned Iran’s denial of involvement in the recent drone attacks on oil facilities that knocked down half of Saudi Arabia’s daily production. He compared it to an earlier [...]
- Minneapolis has become recruiting ground ... — Slain ISIS fighter Douglas McCain was one of many who have joined Islamic fighters, and now extremists are trying to lure young women By Jamie YuccasAugust 27, 2014 / 9:21 PM / CBS News MINNEAPOLIS – The U.S. military said today the number of airstrikes against ISIS targets in Iraq has topped 100.President Barack Obama [...]
- The Biggest Mistakes Ever Make: Starting ... — September 15, 2019 by Doug Bandow All of the reasons a war with Tehran would be awful–and lots of people could die. Key Point: War would be a disaster. Instead, the administration must, explained James Fallows, “through bluff and patience, change the actions of a government whose motives he does not understand well, and over which [...]
- MUST READ… Larry C. Johnson: Michae... — MUST READ… Larry C. Johnson: Michael Flynn’s Motion to Compel Brady Evidence is Compelling For those who have not taken time to read what Michael Flynn’s lawyer filed with the court (it was initially sealed) you now no longer have an excuse. I am going to spoon feed you. The motion is compelling and tells [...]
- Former Democrat Party Chairman ‘Str... — Former Democrat Party Chairman ‘Streamed Live Videos of Child Sex Abuse’ – News Punch Baxter Dmitry 10 months ago Harold “H.L.” Moody, a former Democratic Party chairman, streamed live videos of children being raped, distributed child pornography to other pedophiles, and regularly smoked methamphetamine out of a glass pipe while seated at his desk during work [...]