— Based Monitored ?? (@BasedMonitored) May 22, 2017
Update On Terrorist Attack in Manchester England On May 22, 2017
Today May 23, 2017, the Prime Minister Theresa May confirmed there have been 22 fatalities and 59 people were injured, some with life-threatening conditions.
On the attack, the Prime Minister said:
“We now know a terrorist detonated his improvised explosive device near one of the exits of the venue, delivered at a time and place to cause maximum carnage and to kill indiscriminately at the end of a pop concert which was attended by many young families and groups of children.”
“All acts of terror are cowardly attacks against innocent people, but this attack stands out for it appalling sickening cowardliness deliberately targeting innocent children and young people who should have been enjoying the night of their lives.”
She confirmed: “The threat level remains at ‘severe’, meaning that a terror event is likely, but the independent joint analysis centre, which sets the threat level on the basis of intelligence available to them, will continue to assess this throughout the day and in the days ahead.”
Queen Elizabeth II’s Issued A Statement
British Monarch Queen Elizabeth II has sent a message to the Lord Lieutenant of Greater Manchester, a traditional means of addressing the people of Manchester through her official senior representative in the city. The Queen said:
The whole nation has been shocked by the death and injury in Manchester last night of so many people, adults and children, who had just been enjoying a concert.
I know I speak for everyone in expressing my deepest sympathy to all who have been affected by this dreadful event and especially to the families and friends of those who have died or were injured.
I want to thank all the members of the emergency services, who have responded with such professionalism and care.
And I would like to express my admiration for the way the people of Manchester have responded, with humanity and compassion, to this act of barbarity.
With regards to last night’s incident at the Manchester arena, we can confirm we have arrested a 23-year-old man in South Manchester.
— G M Police (@gmpolice) May 23, 2017
The Associated Press agency has reported the Islamic State group has claimed one of their members was responsible for last night’s attack. More follows.
BREAKING: Islamic State group says one of its members carried out the Manchester attack that killed 22 people.
— The Associated Press (@AP) May 23, 2017
The level of sophistication regarding this bomb has gone up; if they determine it was only one bomber. This bomb covered a wide area killing 22 and terribly injuring 59 people. At this point none of the networks have reported on this magnitude of the bombing.
- 22 Dead so far
- 59 more people have been injured.
- This was a Ariana Grande concert where lots of children, especially girls were attending the concert.
- In the chaos people were trying to track down their loved ones.
- There are hotels that have taken in children until they are reunited with their parents.
- All life threatening injuries for those who were injured.
- One woman was injured on her neck and didn’t even know she was injured looking for her daughter.
- Nigel Farage, British Politician and Broadcaster said, “This is a direct attack on children. This was a rock concert and it happened in the foyer; the entrance to the Arena. It’s difficult to guarantee safety in large crowds of people. A very difficult problem. If there was going to be another incident terrorist attack, it would have been in London. Which was not the case.
- The bomber(s) didn’t enter the Arena to avoid being checked by law enforcement.
- Someone was thrown to the ground when the bombing occurred and then witnessed the horrifying situation.
- Authorities are now calling this a terrorist attack by a suicide bomber.
- One girl was just so stunned to find people’s bodies in pieces that landed on her hair. Just a horrible experience for all this young children.
Obviously, there was a very chaotic situation just after the explosion occurred. The public must remain very vigilant in European countries and the United States.
At around 11:00 pm at the tail end of a concert in the lobby of the Arena was where the bombing occurred. There was no security between the train station and the lobby. It appears this was not a case circumventing the Arena. This was in a public space outside the ticket area. One person heard two different explosions and a dash cam did have the sound of the explosion which sounded monstrous. Those in the Arena all heard something. This was outside the Arena. Ariana Grande had just finished the concert.
They don’t know if the box office was closed. One person saw people laying in the ground and a lot of blood was everywhere. From someone’s vantage point it was on the right side of the Arena. There was a fair bit of security around the Arena.
NOTE: Manchester explosion happens on 4th anniversary of the public murder of Fusilier Lee Rigby.
Dates matter to Jihadi terrorists. pic.twitter.com/dRhyaWN9AV
— Sebastian Gorka DrG (@SebGorka) May 23, 2017
“We will b protected by grt men & women of r military & law enforcmt & most importantly, we will b protected by God” pic.twitter.com/h9tSeXKXq9
— Sebastian Gorka DrG (@SebGorka) January 20, 2017
We extend our condolences to the families that were affected by this terrible tragedy. God speed for those to heal and survive this monstrous terrorist attack. No child should ever have to go through this tragic experience.